Thursday, October 15, 2009

All In The Family



When I was about 10 my uncle, Chris Bridge, gave me his first polaroid camera. Chris still remembers that polaroid camera fondly and as always, carries that passion for the perfect shot.

His parents, my grandparents, instilled in all of our clan a love of living in nature, which we expresses in various ways. Lately Chris has compiled some of his best nature shots on his website www.northernsplendor.com. 

His shots remind me of my grand parents and their unofficial nature conservancy at their home in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario (Canada). They cared for injured wild animals and fed thousands of birds. We had snowy owls, prairie chickens, mice, you name it. One cold, Northern Ontario spring, the Humane Society asked my grandparents to nurse a red fox with a broken paw back to health. 

Grandma and Grandpa called him Redd Fox after the comedian and kept him in the greenhouse during the day and the warm rabbit warren at night. Poor little Redd Fox was tempted so sorely every night, but there was no other option for him. He followed my Grampa around all day in the greenhouse after a while, so I guess he forgave us.

Chris' photos seem to me to carry this narrative forward. Good work! Check his work out and keep ypour eyes peeled for the photos of the albino deer. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?